Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Blessing for Day 19: This day is OVER!

My Day.
That's the best I've got today.  I'm so happy this day is over.

SO. HAPPY.

I've been in anxiety all day and I was more or less in survival mode all day.  My stomach burned with anxiousness no matter what I did.  My thoughts didn't really help.
Aside from the day being over, there were a few positive things I found to put on the "good" list for the day:
  • I used to have anxious days like this every day.  i.e. I used to count the days that weren't  anxious.
  • When these days used to come, the best I could do was stop crying, go home and go to bed.  Today I worked for 4 hours, met some friends, went to the gym and made myself dinner.  
  • I called a friend and talked to her about it.  I used to be too ashamed of myself to ask a friend for help on days like this.
  • I got 2 loads of laundry done.
  • I'm going to take a shower before bed.
  • I went to school and got my room prepped for tomorrow.
  • I didn't have to be around people today.  Even though I was really lonely, it wasn't the kind of lonely that can be fixed by being around people....it's a God lonely.

This is what my insides felt like today.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't really have anxiety days until a few years ago and I've since learned how much they suck!! I'm grateful that they're rare for you now and you were still able to find the good!!

    ReplyDelete