Thursday, July 16, 2015

#196: My first conference presentation ever

Today I presented to a group of leaders in my profession for the first time ever. I was terribly nervous until the day of, but I did this thing called practice every day beforehand for about 3 days, and the morning of I was calm. It's a miracle! I've heard of this practice thing before, but I really only employed it in tasks like learning to code in html or how to do an exercise at the gym. 

I did have a brief moment of panic when I put it together that I was presenting right after the keynote speaker, Stephen Howell, who was amazing, dynamic and inspirational. My gut instinct was to rewrite my entire presentation right then, but I did not. I stuck to the plan and was, well, let's just say, less amazing, dynamic and inspirational then he. That didn't stop me, however, from feeling like a million bucks when I was done!
I am so proud of myself for all I have accomplished! I experienced the results of practicing and writing out verbatim what to say. I stuck with the plan and made it the best plan I could with the resources and time available. I felt awesome about something I accomplished because I know I absolutely did my very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment