Friday, August 7, 2015

#217: Alone without the lonely

I spent the whole day, less about 2 hours, alone in my house.

Okay, not a big deal, I know. I also know some people would love to have a day alone to themselves. And I do live alone, which could lead a person to believe that being along for a day in my house is no big deal and happens pretty frequently.

It does not.

Or at least has not in the last.

Apparently one of the things that was left in Ireland with the voices comparing myself to other people (see post #212) is the fear and loneliness that I used to feel so often when I spent time alone. Or, I should say, when I contemplated being alone or spent more than an hour in my house at a time without the TV on. Because really, I just kept myself so busy that I didn't have any time to be at home alone for more than 30 minutes here or an hour there. And I usually just ate my way through those times.

To be fair, the amount of time I can be alone has been growing steadily over the last couple of months, so perhaps the "Voice-of-Constant-Comparison" getting left overseas has a lot to do with this.

Frankly, I don't care why I feel so good; I am just amazed at how good I feel! I felt so comfortable today that I actually relaxed: I watched two movies (My Left Foot and Hitchcock, both wonderful) while NOT multitasking: no computer was even in the room.

Miracles do happen.

1 comment: