Wednesday, September 16, 2015

#257: Getting off the couch

It's come to my attention that I spend a lot of time on the couch. Since I hired a trainer, I've started looking at how active I really am.  Know what I found out?  Not so much.  I realized that while I feel very busy (so busy I feel like should be losing weight just by existing), I'm not nearly as active as I thought I was.

For example, it turns out that when I get home each day around 7 I make dinner and become part of the couch for the next two or three hours. And if I loved it, this wouldn't be a problem.  I don't love it, though. I don't like that a time vortex turns on when I sit down and suddenly three hours and 4 Downton Abbey episodes have gone by.

Tonight I broke the cycle [at least for a day]! I met friends at Table Rock and we hiked up. I got to catch up with a friend I haven't really seen since the spring; I ran into a friend I haven't seen in a long time who was on his way up when we were on our way down, and it felt terrific to be out, maximizing the daylight and beautiful weather!

Carolyn Myss says "Change one coordinate on your spiritual compass and you change your entire life's direction." 

View from the top of Table Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment