Friday, June 9, 2017

Woops! #missedflight #sleptthroughBOTHalarms #AmericanAir

I'm finally at the Boise airport, waiting to board my flight to Phoenix to go to Chicago to go to London.

I couldn't help laughing out loud when I read this sign on the way to my gate:


If only they knew how NOT simple it was to get to the Boise Airport today! I overslept this morning. The alarm was set for 4 a.m., and a back up alarm was set for 4:30 a.m. Both have 3 snoozes for 3 minutes each. I heard none of them. I woke up at 7:30 to bright sunshine and birds singing. A lovely scene, except that I was supposed to be disembarking in Seattle at that very moment! I've never done this before! What a horrible feeling!

When an American Airlines agent finally answered, I started crying. She was so kind and told me to calm down, this happens all the time. After about 45 minutes and lots of different tries, we got it sorted. After a brief time on hold, she told me they were going to waive the fees so that all it cost me was more miles than my original ticket. In the end, I left at 1:40 p.m. instead of 6:17 a.m.

All in all, it turned out great to go later. Here are some of the benefits, in no particular order:

1. I got to go on a run before I left.
2. A hole in my small roller bag became evident, so I switched my stuff to a larger suitcase.
3. I was pretty well rested by the time I got to the airport!
4. A friend I haven't seen in a long time took me to the airport.
5. I realized that if you are willing to pay enough, you don't have to be super stressed! [All it cost was more miles to leave today instead of waiting 6 days to go at the cheaper price. I didn't realize that I was so programmed to do things the hard way!]
6. Don't take yourself so seriously! It's only life, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment