Wednesday, March 24, 2021

#82 Dinner at a new friend's house

 I just returned from dinner with a new friend! She invited me over to her house and we had a lovely evening just hanging out. Just me, her, her toddler and her husband when he came home from work.

It was wonderful to be in the company of a family and with people I felt so comfortable with. Furthermore, and more importantly, I returned home with a corrected perspective on my life. My soul lately has been troubled and I have been clouded with bouts of loneliness and self-pity, but tonight I realized (and you are welcome to remind me of this later) that really I have a great life, even here in Israel, and that it is the "by myself" parts that really get to me. I feel so left out so much of the time, but when I have these beautiful, nourishing connections with others, my heart is refilled and I see from afar that my troubles are mostly inside my own soul. Much of the time I spend alone is so tormented that it feels like forever. In truth, I am being cared for by God every second and He hasn't forgotten about me (Please remind me of this next time I'm putting up decorations for a pity party).

I'm also grateful I am vaccinated. I took the bus to her house and it was crazy town! The bus came at least 30 minutes late so there was a large gathering of people waiting for the 66 when it finally arrived. I was on it for about 40 minutes. My first spot was by the door but eventually I got a spot sitting on the steps and finally upgraded to a seat. I even had the courage to tell a guy near me to put his mask on!



Crazy town!

Finally I got a seat about 30 minutes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment