Sunday, April 11, 2021

#101 Constructing my first piece of IKEA furniture by myself!

 Sunday is one of my days off but it is the first day of the work week here in Israel.

What I discovered today is that about 2 PM on a Sunday is a great time to visit IKEA! The parking lot was only about half full thus making walking through the maze a much more pleasant experience.

My main objective was a small, closed shelf that could hold all of the toiletries that heretofore have been living on the bottom shelves of a bookcase you see as soon as you open the front door. 

Not the welcome I want my guests to have!

Because the store wasn't super busy, I actually got help from a nice worker guy who highlighted the piece I needed from the warehouse.

Once I got it home, the fun began. Let the record show he told me it would take me 15 minutes to put it together.

Here's what really happened. 

3.30 pm. It begins.

3:48 p.m.

[Quite a struggle ensued here to get the back on and the 4th side attached.] 
 
4:50 p.m. The struggle continues.

5:29 p.m. A different corner won't work now.

There was also a short dinner break and some exasperated pouts on the couch culminating in Googling videos of others who had assembled the same piece.] 

Then...finally....

6:48 p.m. The back is on and all four corners are flush!!

7:14 p.m. The shelves are in!!

7:26. One door on!

7:30 p.m. Finished!  Doors closed.

Doors open!

The new look! The travel posted will get hung above the cabinet.

The shelf my stuff used to be on can now be used to display cool stuff I have collected.

No comments:

Post a Comment