Wednesday, July 15, 2015

#194: A Taste of Home at the Galway Film Fleadh


In July every year, the Galway Film Fleadh comes to town. As I have heard it said the participation is the key to harmony, I like to participate when I can. I also have the fear of missing out, but that's a post for a different day.

I went to a film today called The Jones Family Will Make a Way. It is the story of a family of gospel singers who want to carry the message of God but also would like to make a living singing.  The head of the family befriends a music critic in Austin, Texas (read: MY HOME TOWN!) named Michael Corcoran.

It was such a pleasant surprise to see the familiar sights of my home town, hear the thick Southern drawls and pretend like I was in the warm sunshine while sitting in rainy Galway.

No comments:

Post a Comment