Tuesday, August 11, 2015

#221: To stop fighting and go on a hike

It is HOT in Boise. I know it's not as hot as Texas, but really, it IS. Yes, it's only 15% humidity, but 95 degrees at 10 P.M. is hot no matter where you are.

I've been complaining about this for days, but tonight I decided to take action instead. I left my sweltering house at 9:30, just after sunset, and went on a hike near my house. I used my super awesome Black Diamond that I bought for the Ragnar Trail Relay in Snowmass I did in June. As I walked I realized that I have been fighting the weather [i.e. complaining about but not doing anything different] and I could, in fact, do something constructive instead like buy and A/C unit or go to the pool or go to the movies or just go outside rather than sit inside my house sweating and wishing I wasn't.

There was a warm breeze and it felt awesome to be out. It was beautiful outside and I'm so glad I got up and left the house. The cobwebs blew out of my head and I felt better and better even though I hadn't felt bad when I left. I seem to forget that exercise always, always helps, no matter what state of mind I'm in.

The view was beautiful from the top. I would have taken a picture, but I went on an hour-and-a-half electronics vacation. I scurried past a woman and her daughter that were listening to music out loud so I could listen to the wind. Here's some pictures of what it looks like at the top of Table Rock at night. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment