Sunday, May 24, 2015

#143: Act different to be different


If you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always got.


This phrase has been my motto these last two months.  I have grown eager for particular areas of my life to be different, so I've been making concerted efforts to some things differently.

Instead of sitting around watching Ever After for the 1000th time, I got on my bike and discovered I love it.  Instead of eating bags of Skinny Pop for dinner I started cooking fish and veggies.  Rather than go through each week getting more and more exhausted, I started going to bed by 9 (well, at least on school nights).  A few weeks ago I realized that instead of feeling envious of people who were loving their jobs I could apply for a new one myself--and I got one!  And then today, after a short break of approximately 2 years, I returned today to hot yoga. 

In the day to day, these changes seem pretty small, but they add up.  Just putting in an application led eventually to a new job.  The key is to keep saying yes to the opportunities that present themselves.  No, wait.  The key is to recognize the opportunities when the present!

No comments:

Post a Comment