Thursday, January 21, 2016

Popcorn is back!

I haven't made popcorn since I caught my hot pads on fire a few weeks ago [see previous post]. My plan was to get an air popper to replace my oil-over-a-hot-stove system. The Idaho Youth Ranch didn't have any when I stopped by (though I did get a brand new rice cooker there) and Sunday I was at Kohl's and stared at a $25 air popper for so long the sales people were beginning to wonder. I even came back to visit it after I ran the reset of my errands in other places at the mall.

However, I didn't buy it. I thought maybe a Christmas present I still need to return could be exchanged for one. Or maybe the Youth Ranch would come through. This little voice told me not to get it, whatever the reason.

Fast forward to last night, having dinner with a friend. She said, "I have something for you. I read your blog. Come to my car with me."

She pulled a grocery sack out of the passenger side of her car and I saw a stick poking out of the top, not sure what it might possibly be. She and her husband are cleaning out their house and this was on the very top shelf, used very few times since they acquired it.

Here it is!!!

A manual popcorn maker!!!  While I'm not sure what its proper name is, I AM sure that I love it and will use it often.

And won't burn down my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment