Tuesday, August 18, 2015

#228: Finally....relaxed

"To relax is to trust." 

I heard this quote about 10 years ago in a spinning class in Bozeman, MT. It was the one and only spinning class I've ever gone to, so I've always believed that hearing this quote is the only reason I went to that class. 

Today my body finally began to trust the universe and me. I finally realized that I will not have to be in [emotional] survival mode every day at school this year. I don't know what else to say about this except that I love love love the kids at my former school, but many days were an emotional battle. Today through meeting some parents, new staff and helping out a few coworkers, I really let go of the idea that school a place of defense. Rather, it has now become a safe place of trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment