Saturday, July 25, 2015

#204: MAET Year 2: Completed!

2015 MAET Overseas Year 2 Cohort
photo by Leigh Graves Wolf
Today was our final day of MAET.  Tonight we dine together then say goodbye till (most of us) next year, though a few of our group have graduated.

These 15 people have been my family for the past month, and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to be with. They are wickedly talented, fun, dedicated professionals in the field of education. They have all become friends. Special bonds grow between people when you live and work in such intense and pressurized circumstances. I didn't realize how much a part of me they had become until we reunited this summer (our second). I have learned so much about myself from working with them and about living simply by watching and listening to them.

The Master's of Arts in Educational Technology (MAET) Overseas Cohort has absolutely changed my life:

  • I have gained confidence in myself and my work
  • I have created things I never knew I could do
  • I get to spend 3 summers in Ireland
  • It has helped me find and calibrate the life compass inside myself that has been out of use for a long time.
  • I have numerous tools I can take back to Boise and share with anyone who wants them
  • I have a wealth of new friends and connections around the world
See you next year, Galway!

No comments:

Post a Comment