Sunday, April 19, 2015

#108: No more fear at Robie

The Race to Robie Creek is one year younger than me, making today the 38th annual running of this Boise tradition.  Today I am grateful I finished it AND that I didn't throw up at the end AND was able to do my volunteer position afterwards! I love being part of this race and I have met some absolutely wonderful people as a result.

This year made the gratitude list today because this was the first year I felt totally comfortable in my own skin at this event.  I wasn't self conscious.  I wasn't afraid to go up and talk to people.  And I realized early in the morning that I really wanted to take pictures to document the day, and so I asked people to take pictures with me.  Not even a year ago I would be too worried about what other people might think of me to ask them to take pictures with me--especially the Mayor of Boise! 

I guess what I'm really grateful for today is that I am comfortable in my own skin!  It's taken 39 years to get here, but look out 40, it's gonna be awesome!!!

Selfie with Boise Mayor Dave Bieter at the race start

No comments:

Post a Comment