Monday, October 12, 2015

#284: The luxury of nothing

Instead of being mad at myself for getting up at 9, I'm grateful I didn't have to get up and could sleep in.

Instead of lamenting all the things I didn't get done today, I realize I wasn't ever going to get most of that stuff done and gave myself permission to not feel bad about it.

Instead of shaming myself for sitting on the couch literally all day [minus 1 hour] I'm grateful that I am now more current on Fantasy Football stats than I ever have been.

Instead of being angry Boise didn't carry the Dallas Cowboys game, I'm grateful I didn't have to endure the humiliation of another loss.

Instead of forcing myself to go outside and run, I gave myself permission to take a nap.

Instead of feeling sorry for myself that I sat alone all day, I'm grateful I have a home to sit in and quiet to sit in.

Instead of worrying all day about what is going to happen at school tomorrow, I am grateful I didn't think about school once!

Instead of being irritable, restless and discontent all day, I am grateful I can now be alone and at peace with myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment