Sunday, February 22, 2015

Blessing #52: My dad called me today!

Okay, that's not really the big deal.  The big deal is that when he called, the first thing he asked me is, "are you feeling any better?"

I haven't talked to my dad since I left Austin on Monday.

I said, "how do you know I've been sick?  I put it Facebook but you don't get on Facebook...."

He said, "No, I don't go on there but I get these updates in my email and...."

Oh my gosh!  My dad knew what was going on with me!!!  And from Facebook, no less. 

Do you know how long I have been telling my father that if he wants to know what's going on with me, he should check Facebook?  The amount of energy I have expended trying to get this man to pay attention to me and to see me as I think I really am, if I had today, would prevent me from ever getting sick again.

The most ironic part is that before I went to Austin I had totally, finally, utterly given up and accepted my parents exactly how they are.  I let go of expectations of how they should be and what their love for me should look like and how they should behave.

You know God is up there laughing.

Then...

and now!

1 comment: