Sunday, February 15, 2015

Blessing #45: A LOVE-ly day!

I went to lunch with my friend from high school and his friend, who are both running in the Austin Marathon in the morning.  He is the reason I signed up for the marathon in the first place (though I downgraded to the half because of lazy-lack-of-training-syndrome). 



We went to this great vegetarian place called Bouldin Creek Cafe, where we waited an hour for a table.  It was totally worth the wait!  The food was great, and I had healthy food I'm not allergic to that wasn't a burger for the first time in a restaurant.  Yay!

While we were waiting, we went inside to get drinks.  As we loitered near the bar with our teas in hand, I heard someone say, "Joy."  When I turned around, a friend we graduated from high school with was sitting there at the bar!  He ended up staying and eating with us and the whole meal was a blast.  What are the chances I would run into someone I graduated with, on the one weekend I'm in town, when I'm out with someone else I graduated with?
Totally worth the wait- for food and company!

Must be a God thing.

Or a glitch in the Matrix.

Anyways...afterwards we went to packet pickup, where I found my running shoes, Hoka One One's, for 60% off!!  SIXTY PER-CENT.  These are expensive shoes!  Woo Hoo!

To cap of a great day, my dad and I went to the UT/Texas Tech basketball game, which Texas won.  I got to stand and sing The Eyes of Texas (video obviously not the event I was attending, but you get the idea) played by the Texas Longhorn Band at the end of the game, which is one of my top 10 favorite things to do.

And I still have another day here!

My Valentine

Texas wins!

The Eyes of Texas to my right...

The Eyes of Texas to my left

No comments:

Post a Comment