Thursday, February 25, 2021

#56 A Surprise Gift!

As I was sitting here working on my gratitude for today there was a knock on my door. This has never happened before unless I ordered delivery or had plans. 

It was a neighbor to give me a Happy Purim gift!!!  What a wonderful surprise!

Purim is a Jewish festival celebrating the survival of the Jews from the Persian Haman's plan to destroy them. It is from Thursday night to Friday night and from all accounts is usually a big party over the weekend. Here is a basic description. 

This year with "the corona" (as they call it here) there will be no big street party or public celebrations and we are not supposed to go to other people's houses. There is a curfew each night from 8:30 PM until 5 AM the next morning from Thursday-Sunday. 

I'll have to wait until next year to see how Purim is truly celebrated here, but until then I am delighted with my surprise gift!



I think this may be a word search.

I'm not sure what this says but it is one side of the box.


1 comment:

  1. Thoughtfulness knows no boundaries, race, gender or social status. U have welcoming neighbors...and they gave u homework for ur Hebrew lessons.....

    ReplyDelete