Friday, February 26, 2021

#57 Wildlife Web Cams!

I got an email at work today about the barn owl couple who lives on campus has eggs!


This led me down the rabbit hole of webcams. The one I regularly check, even though I live on the other side of the world, is the Bogus Basin mountain cams page (see them HERE).

As I watched the barn owls, I went down the rabbit hole of wildlife web cams. What I found was the same sense of calm and comfort I get from the Bogus Basin web cams--a sense of the familiar; a warm wash of peace and connection to the world that I kinda miss. And during these days of cold and lockdown-living, the sounds and sights of my favorite outdoor activities of skiing, diving and African Safari-ing make me so grateful and comfortable!

Here's some samples I found.

There are bird cams--a LOT of bird cams. One I liked is the Cornell Lab All About Birds. Cornell is THE place for birds. Here's a fun one in Panama...



When I saw these cams from all over the world I realized I could go back to Africa!!!  What I really love is the sounds. It is so relaxing and peaceful to "be" in Africa again. Careful, the sounds can be quite loud! Here are elephants from Tembe Elephant Park


This one is on the border of South Africa and Botswana.

And this one is at a watering hole in Kenya.


 And THEN I realized I love diving! Are there underwater cams?

Of course there are! Here is one at a tropical reef in Palau.

Explore.org has a ton of wildlife cameras from around the world. One is call Nestflix--Bahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment