Thursday, March 26, 2015

#84 for 2015: Healthy Eyes

Helen Keller sandwiched between my mom & my aunt
I went to the eye doctor today for the first time in 10 years, too afraid to go because I was scared I'd be told I have some sort of eye disease or macular degeneration (my grandmother had it, but I'm not even blood-related to her!) or bifocals or something.  My left eye has definitely gotten blurrier in the last few years.

20/20!!  Apparently the blurriness I am experiencing is just relative to my other eye, not the rest of the population. No macular degeneration!  Only a slight astigmatism on my right eyes, which is causing the blurriness. 

This all reminded me of Helen Keller, who not only couldn't see but also was deaf.  My mother met her in 1961--she came to their house for lunch in Dallas.

Can you imagine?  She couldn't see or hear but still accomplished amazing things.  I'm so grateful I can see, but I'm just as grateful to have such a woman as inspiration.  She really proves to me that the only excuse I have for my life is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment