Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day #70: AMMA!!

I get an Amma treatment once a month, and today was the day!  It's a type of massage, but instead of feeling groggy at the end and ready to rest, you feel invigorated and strong and ready to take on the world!

Amma Bodywork Therapy is what I describe as Traditional Chinese Medicine delivered through vigorous massage.  I got certified in Amma through the Wellspring School for Healing Arts when it was located here in Boise.

Since it's based in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), it is WAY more than massage, which of course has been around for thousands of years.  TCM and Amma have helped my body heal in tons of ways: my spirit is calmer; I don't have swelling in my ankles like I used to; I understand how food can heal me and have changed my diet; when I get sick an good Amma treatment can help my immune system fight off the infection more quickly.  The list could go on and on, but the point is that Amma can help us heal all areas of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment