Saturday, March 14, 2015

Blessing #72 of 2015: A Bad Dream

Last night as I finally turned off the light at 10:10, I said a quick prayer that in the morning I would be able to get out of bed within an hour of the alarm going off.  This has not happened in probably 2 months.  I've been so busy and stressed that by the time a lay down at night my brain keeps going and I can feel my adrenals still firing.

Enter the prayer last night.

I actually slept all the way through the night.  All the sudden I was dreaming that I was walking across a college campus, taking a shortcut through the courtyard of a dark building.  I was scared.  It was dark.  I had that feeling that I should turn around but I kept going.  I got my cell phone out to get ready to call 911 if I needed to, but I couldn't figure out how to get the emergency screen to work while I was so panicked.  As I walked I saw one of those big accordion doors ajar and [stupidly] pushed it: there was a terrible looking man behind it holding a knife.  The look on his face was pure evil and he lunged for me and I was terrified and I ran away and I screamed in my dream and I'm not entirely sure I didn't scream out loud!

There was NO way I was going back to bed after that--it was still dark outside and I was terrified!  Once I got my spirit back into my body, I got out of bed and looked at the clock in the kitchen.  Please don't be the middle of the night.  Please don't be the middle of the night.  I looked.  5:15!  Woo hoo!

I stayed up and spend 30 full minutes sitting, reading, praying, drinking tea, writing, adrenals off, mind still, free of worry, fully in the present.

That's when I realized what God had done, and I said thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment