Sunday, March 22, 2015

Blessing #80: Spring break in McCall!!

I am in McCall for a few days during spring break!  I'm so proud of myself for coming up.  I am really, really sucky at deciding and following through when it comes to going out of town, unless it involves an airplane ride.  No, wait, even then, I hem and haw until the prices shoot up a lot of the time.

My original plan was to come up later in the week, but then I realized I'd just schedule myself out, wonder all week if were really going to come up, not come, then regret it all next week.

Also notable is that 3 years ago I was here in McCall for spring break for a week-long class, staying at the local Holiday Inn Express.  Before I left, I broke up with my boyfriend and spent the weekend crying before and after class, with brief tear-ups in my hotel room at lunch.  It was awful.  We got back together by the end of the week.

2 years ago I came up to the same cabin I'm in now and stayed 3 or 4 nights.  It was only a month after the break up (same guy as last paragraph) and I spent those days feeling and crying and hurting.

Not now!  Now I'm happy and lounging in my circa 1999 flannel pants & compression socks with a cup of tea, Tom, and Jerry.  I'm happy as a clam!

No comments:

Post a Comment