Thursday, May 28, 2015

#147: Doing nothing!!!

I have been sitting in this chair since 4:30, and serial watching Sherlock, my new favorite show.  Admittedly, I have done this before but today is different.

This makes the blessing of the day because:
  1. At least for today, I have been relieved of the compulsion to do more, go somewhere, 15 other things I want to do.
  2. While I'm sitting here I can feel my adrenals NOT working.  I believe this is called re-lax-ing, though I'm not entirely sure.
  3.  I don't feel guilty about sitting inside on a beautiful day.
  4. The voice that has been with me for so long, constantly telling me I must do more, get one more thing done, sign up for that one more thing, has subsided today.
  5. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
And the best reason last:
  •  In all this calm going on this evening, thoughts of creativity and new ideas are popping into my head!  Sudden bouts of motivation to do new things briefly overcome me! 

Is it possible that slowing down and actually doing less will get me closer to who I want to be than doing more? 

No comments:

Post a Comment